Monday 12 May 2008

No Tea one, Karma nil

Well, it's been a month - moreorless - and I have not been visited by the migraine goblins, so perhaps the no tea has something to be said for it. More shockingly, I have not missed it at all, partly because I have discovered liquorice tea, which I think is better than anything else anyway. It is made by UK Yogis in response to the horror of teaching Yoga in the West. Drink the tea, skip the lotus position. It has cute little "thoughts for the day" on the tags. And I think that's cute.

Meanwhile, the Karma email has been a complete sell. I have not got a job, or a boyfriend, or a social life, and I have failed my standardisation for SATs marking; to say nothing of a massive humanitarian disaster in Myanmar, which is not something I hoped for. There may be spiritual forces at work in the world, but I am not convinced they are at the beck and call of humans. If they were life would be a damn sight easier, and I would have achieved world domination/peace/justice from my seedy old armchair while watching Nancyvision.

ENDANGERED NANCYS

This week's endangered were Niamh and Ashley, and the red headed Scot got the chop - not very surprisingly, as ALW has never liked her. I like Jessie less and less as the weeks pass and I have to watch her galumphing about in nasty emerald-hued satin nighties. She no longer seems coltish to me now, she seems more like a slightly small heifer. When she dashes off stage right after being told "YOU could still be Nancy" you can feel the boards shake under the hefty hammering of her hobnailed booties. God knows what it's like having her in a small space. Will nobody rid us of this curly turbulence? quoth Kerensa the Good. And the answer is, probably not, for Andrew is desperate for her to win. I am desperate for Jodie or Rachel to win, which is of course the kiss of death.

THE APPRENTICE

Kill! Kill! This series is quite perfect because so many of them are so horrid, that it's just a statistical likelihood that somebody you loathe will get the boot on any given show. On the other hand, the number of nice candidates (Lucinda and Sara) is so limited, that two weeks could put paid to the need to watch at all. Win win really.

No comments: