Thursday 21 February 2008

I know it's only me ...

But hell, couldn't Torchwood just try to be something other than a feeble imitation of Buffy?

Bad enough that the episodes are weak re-tellings without the wit and character of the original, but surely they could have changed the titles? "End of Days" and "Sleeper" are both straight steals, and "Something Borrowed" echoes "Something Blue". It's just - depressing, to make so little effort, and insulting to your audience, to assume they won't notice.

Owen is about as dead as I am. Possibly less.

As I say, I'm growing increasingly convinced it's only me...

1 comment:

Anne Marie Cunningham said...

I have to get up to speed with Torchwood so that I can start disliking it as much as you:) I tend to have my nose in the paper whilst C is watching it.... he of course will hate if I start to actively dislike it and it will be all your fault. Can you take the strain??
AMx